Regular followers of me on social media will know that I have been trying to get a memebr of the...Read More
The Offensive Behaviour At Football act – a more useless piece of legislation I’ve yet to come across, but that’s not my opinion, that’s the view of lawyers, judges, civil liberty campaigners, minority rights groups and of...Read More
We provided an update earlier on the progress towards a repeal of the OBFA. A middle aged dad who goes to games and comes back again, I am largely unaffected by this legislation however the very concept that football fans are...Read More
Scotland does not have a sectarian problem. It did have an anti-Catholic problem with companies and organisations actively adhering to anti-Catholic recruitment policies. Fortunately does days are largely gone, the remnants...Read More
Followers on twitter will be aware that yesterday I was pretty angry. In his match report Matt Lindsay of the Herald/E Times made reference to the very few fans that had broken the minute’s silence at Ibrox and identified...Read More
We are in the desert of international football and out of that desert comes the oasis of a Celtic Underground Podcast. Following on from the close season podcast with James Kelly MSP on his process of trying to repeal OBFA Harry...Read More
At the first home game of the season I took the usual trip via Dalmarnock station. On my journey home I left the overcrowded platform and sat next to a (mid 50’s lady) on the way home from town with her daughter. The...Read More
Reading Stan Collymore’s tweets these past few days left me wondering – how did we get here? For those unaware, following the Chelsea racism scandal, Collymore tweeted that Chelsea and RFC were two sides of the same coin and...Read More
- Brendan Rodgers makes no case for 'fit' Dedryck Boyata, nor the Celtic defence 14/08/2018BRENDAN RODGERS insists that Dedryck Boyata was fit to play in last night’s Champions League qualifying loss to AEK Athens, and that his absence proved costly as Celtic’s defence wilted in the heat of the Greek capital.
- Five, sort of new, things we learned from Celtic going out of the Champions League 14/08/2018THERE now will be plenty of talk about why and indeed how Celtic couldn’t get past a good but far from great team in AEK Athens, and incidentally well done to them, a club with nowhere near the same financial resources as the Scottish champions.
- AEK Athens 2 Celtic 1: Celtic's tragedy lies in their generosity as Champions League dream lies in ruins 14/08/2018IT is often said that the Scots specialise in glorious failure, but Celtic took part in their own Greek tragedy last night in Athens to crash out of Champions League qualifying.
- Celtic marks out of ten: A bad night for Celtic's defenders but Tierney and McGregor starred once again 14/08/2018Craig Gordon
- Brendan Rodgers says Dedryck Boyata is fit as he makes clear the Belgian has let down Celtic 14/08/2018BRENDAN Rodgers has insisted Dedryck Boyata is fit and was not taken to Athens in case it hurt the spirit within the squad.
- 'Scottish football can be a comfort zone': Aston Villa star John McGinn explains Celtic snub 14/08/2018John McGinn admits he had entered a ‘comfort zone’ in Scottish football and insists he joined Aston Villa because he is ambitious.
- Patrick Roberts ends Celtic speculation as he prepares for Girona loan 14/08/2018Patrick Roberts is expected to sign a loan deal with Girona, signalling an end to any lingering hope the Celtic support had of getting the winger back at the Parkhead side.
- John Hartson: Moussa Dembele has to start for Celtic in Athens 14/08/2018MOUSSA Dembele has to start in Athens.