Regular followers of me on social media will know that I have been trying to get a memebr of the...Read More
The Offensive Behaviour At Football act – a more useless piece of legislation I’ve yet to come across, but that’s not my opinion, that’s the view of lawyers, judges, civil liberty campaigners, minority rights groups and of...Read More
We provided an update earlier on the progress towards a repeal of the OBFA. A middle aged dad who goes to games and comes back again, I am largely unaffected by this legislation however the very concept that football fans are...Read More
Scotland does not have a sectarian problem. It did have an anti-Catholic problem with companies and organisations actively adhering to anti-Catholic recruitment policies. Fortunately does days are largely gone, the remnants...Read More
Followers on twitter will be aware that yesterday I was pretty angry. In his match report Matt Lindsay of the Herald/E Times made reference to the very few fans that had broken the minute’s silence at Ibrox and identified...Read More
We are in the desert of international football and out of that desert comes the oasis of a Celtic Underground Podcast. Following on from the close season podcast with James Kelly MSP on his process of trying to repeal OBFA Harry...Read More
At the first home game of the season I took the usual trip via Dalmarnock station. On my journey home I left the overcrowded platform and sat next to a (mid 50’s lady) on the way home from town with her daughter. The...Read More
Reading Stan Collymore’s tweets these past few days left me wondering – how did we get here? For those unaware, following the Chelsea racism scandal, Collymore tweeted that Chelsea and RFC were two sides of the same coin and...Read More
- How is Brendan Rodgers going to give all his Celtic players game time after January recruitment drive? 23/01/2019FROM having too few players to fill their forward positions just a few short weeks ago, Celtic have suddenly gone to the other extreme.
- Celtic's Ryan Christie: "I think Timothy Weah's dad might beat my dad...." 22/01/2019When Brendan Rodgers spoke of Timothy Weah’s shirt being a little heavier than everyone else’s virtue of his famous father, Ryan Christie may well have shared a knowing nod with the American teenager. Well, a nod in his direction at least.
- Vakoun Issouf Bayo reveals goalscoring aims as he completes move to Celtic 22/01/2019CELTIC have completed the signing of striker Vakoun Issouf Bayo for £2m, subject to international clearance.
- Glasgow football fan to stand trial for allegedly punching three police horses at Celtic vs Airdrie game 22/01/2019Three other men also appeared on charges related to the game that saw Celtic win 3-0.
- Former Motherwell and Celtic winger Paul Slane on being taken seriously and putting Amsterdam behind him 22/01/2019WHAT are the first words that come to mind when you hear the name Paul Slane? Amsterdam is bound to be one. There may be a few others not fit for publication around the theme. Joker? Perhaps. Professional? Not likely. But whatever your preconceptions of the former Motherwell and Celtic winger, they would be quashed […]
- Brendan Rodgers believes no operation required for Kieran Tierney - but no timescale on his return 21/01/2019Brendan Rodgers has revealed the extent of Kieran Tierney’s frustration at being sidelined with a problematic pubic injury but has explained that surgery doesn’t appear necessary for the 21-year-old to correct the issue.
- Hunt for a right-back will need Celtic to splash the cash 21/01/2019The search goes on but as the minutes to the end of the transfer window start to tick, so does the pressure.
- John Hartson: I don't see Scott Brown going Down Under - if he stays, Olivier Ntcham might be allowed to go 21/01/2019By the end of the month we should know exactly where Scott Brown will be playing his football next season.