Category: Season 2016-2017
There is nothing better after a nail biting game to be able to listen to some Celtic chat, whoever is producing it. There is nothing worse after a defeat than recording said Celtic chat so my night was on a knife edge. Not...Read More
Regular listeners of the podcast will know the outcome of the Celtic Underground Top Ten and the Samaras Award but not everyone is a podcast listener so we decided to trial out laying the podcast out as a transcript for those...Read More
This past week has seen the feel good factor kicked the the baws at Celtic Park with the stramash over the Green Brigade followed by the Rangers Fraud whitewash and then the lack lustre home performance against Rosenborg. The...Read More
So, what do we have to talk about….Harry and Hullbhoy pondered that question and the chat quicker meandered into 2 hours of Celtic chat so we’ve decided that this should be cut down into two podcast – one mainly football...Read More
Scottish football is the clubs. When people refer to the SFA and SPFL, they often talk of them as some disparate body but they can only act on the instructions of their members and the members are the clubs. Specifically on day...Read More
WHY SCOTTISH FOOTBALL REBUILT, TOP TO TOE As last season developed, and Celtic progressed towards a treble that increasingly looked like it would be achieved without losing a game, the discussion in some parts of the media...Read More
Yesterday Celtic stepped into their Tardis and travelled back a few hundred years to take to the field at Windsor Park to play Linfield. The team from the North of Ireland are about the standard of Alloa or Albion Rovers. We...Read More
For the book Soccernomics, economist Stefan Szymanski wanted to understand the correlation between money spent and success on the football field. Anecdotally, he had a gut feel for the answer i.e. that the teams who spent the...Read More
Harry & The Bhoys Discuss the Definitive 2016/17 Awards The world famous Celtic Underground Top Ten is finally here. Celtic are about to kick off in the first competitive game in season 2017-18 and so we thought it...Read More
- Stuart Armstrong praises Steve Clarke for call explaining omission, as he vows to always accept Scotland's call 14/11/2019WHEN players pull out of international squads, the reaction is instant, the speculation over their apparent injuries is frenzied, and their commitment is questioned. When they go above and beyond for the national cause, you might not hear about it at all.
- John Hartson says Celtic should be braced for big money Odsonne Edouard bids. 14/11/2019THE ongoing travails of Leigh Griffiths and the injury woes of Vakoun Issouf Bayo have meant that Celtic’s reliance on Odsonne Edouard have become even more pronounced in recent weeks. So much so, that it may cause their fans a shudder to think where they might be without him.
- Celtic's Lee O'Connor gets assist on Ireland debut 14/11/2019CELTIC defender Lee O'Connor made an instant impact on his Ireland debut as he set up a goal in his country's 3-1 win over New Zealand.
- 10 Premiership bargains that clubs could approach in January 14/11/2019EVERYONE loves a bargain, and football clubs are no different.
- Kieran Tierney available for Arsenal squad despite missing Scotland's Euro 2020 qualifiers 14/11/2019Kieran Tierney should be available for selection for Arsenal’s match against Southampton next Saturday despite being left out of the squad for the Euro 2020 qualifiers.
- Virgil van Dijk recalls wondering if Scott Brown was as 'crazy' on and off field as he pondered Celtic move 14/11/2019Ex-Celtic star Virgil van Dijk has remembered wondering if Scott Brown would be as "crazy" off-field as he was on the pitch as he pondered signing for the Hoops.
- Leicester City 'won't move' for Rangers' Alfredo Morelos or Celtic's Kris Ajer despite being linked with pair 14/11/2019Leicester City will not move for Rangers star Alfredo Morelos or Celtic's Kris Ajer despite speculation linking them with the pair, according to reports.
- Celtic's Kris Ajer hails Lazio win as biggest of his career and credits fans for 'crazy' atmosphere 14/11/2019Celtic defender Kristoffer Ajer insisted their win in Lazio was the biggest game of his career so far as he paid tribute to the club’s supporters.