Category: Season 2016-2017
There is nothing better after a nail biting game to be able to listen to some Celtic chat, whoever is producing it. There is nothing worse after a defeat than recording said Celtic chat so my night was on a knife edge. Not...Read More
Regular listeners of the podcast will know the outcome of the Celtic Underground Top Ten and the Samaras Award but not everyone is a podcast listener so we decided to trial out laying the podcast out as a transcript for those...Read More
This past week has seen the feel good factor kicked the the baws at Celtic Park with the stramash over the Green Brigade followed by the Rangers Fraud whitewash and then the lack lustre home performance against Rosenborg. The...Read More
So, what do we have to talk about….Harry and Hullbhoy pondered that question and the chat quicker meandered into 2 hours of Celtic chat so we’ve decided that this should be cut down into two podcast – one mainly football...Read More
Scottish football is the clubs. When people refer to the SFA and SPFL, they often talk of them as some disparate body but they can only act on the instructions of their members and the members are the clubs. Specifically on day...Read More
WHY SCOTTISH FOOTBALL REBUILT, TOP TO TOE As last season developed, and Celtic progressed towards a treble that increasingly looked like it would be achieved without losing a game, the discussion in some parts of the media...Read More
Yesterday Celtic stepped into their Tardis and travelled back a few hundred years to take to the field at Windsor Park to play Linfield. The team from the North of Ireland are about the standard of Alloa or Albion Rovers. We...Read More
For the book Soccernomics, economist Stefan Szymanski wanted to understand the correlation between money spent and success on the football field. Anecdotally, he had a gut feel for the answer i.e. that the teams who spent the...Read More
Harry & The Bhoys Discuss the Definitive 2016/17 Awards The world famous Celtic Underground Top Ten is finally here. Celtic are about to kick off in the first competitive game in season 2017-18 and so we thought it...Read More
- Boyata starts with a win; Tough tests for Ajer. How Celtic’s players are faring on international duty 22/03/2019With Scotland fans still licking their wounds from the abject performance against Kazakhstan we’ve taken a look at the Celtic players on international duty and how they have been fairing for their countries so far.
- Scotland skipper Callum McGregor on his post-match touchline spat with James McFadden 21/03/2019SCOTLAND captain Callum McGregor last night played down the bust-up he appeared to have with coach James McFadden in the immediate aftermath of the dire Euro 2020 qualifying defeat to Kazakhstan.
- Belgium 3 Russia 1: five things we learned as Eden Hazard shines and Dedryck Boyata returns 21/03/2019On a day when it seemed absurd to look for any kind of comfort given what was arguably Scottish football’s darkest day, there would have been little relief in acknowledging the fact that elsewhere in the group things seemed to go according to plan for one side as Belgium hit the ground running.
- Alex McLeish: I tried to use the rugby team as an inspiration - but this was a horrible night 21/03/2019ALEX McLeish revealed he tried to use the Scotland rugby team’s comeback against England in a desperate bid to get his team back into their European qualifier against Kazakhstan.
- Callum McGregor admits Scotland players are to blame for defeat in Kazakhstan 21/03/2019SCOTLAND captain Callum McGregor insisted the players had to take the blame for the awful defeat in Kazakhstan.
- Five things we learned from Scotland's abject display in Kazakhstan 21/03/2019SCOTLAND ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO ALLOW PLAYERS TO SIT GAMES OUT
- Social media is a depressing cesspit - so the perfect platform to discuss Scotland 21/03/2019SOCIAL media is not a platform for niceness, kindness or sensible debate – so a perfect place then to discuss Scotland’s latest international football embarrassment.
- Stuart Armstrong: Callum McGregor is the perfect man to be Scotland skipper - he'll lead by example 21/03/2019STUART Armstrong has welcomed Alex McLeish’s decision to make Callum McGregor the new Scotland captain and backed his old Celtic team mate to lead by example.