Category: Season 2016-2017
There is nothing better after a nail biting game to be able to listen to some Celtic chat, whoever is producing it. There is nothing worse after a defeat than recording said Celtic chat so my night was on a knife edge. Not...Read More
Regular listeners of the podcast will know the outcome of the Celtic Underground Top Ten and the Samaras Award but not everyone is a podcast listener so we decided to trial out laying the podcast out as a transcript for those...Read More
This past week has seen the feel good factor kicked the the baws at Celtic Park with the stramash over the Green Brigade followed by the Rangers Fraud whitewash and then the lack lustre home performance against Rosenborg. The...Read More
So, what do we have to talk about….Harry and Hullbhoy pondered that question and the chat quicker meandered into 2 hours of Celtic chat so we’ve decided that this should be cut down into two podcast – one mainly football...Read More
Scottish football is the clubs. When people refer to the SFA and SPFL, they often talk of them as some disparate body but they can only act on the instructions of their members and the members are the clubs. Specifically on day...Read More
WHY SCOTTISH FOOTBALL REBUILT, TOP TO TOE As last season developed, and Celtic progressed towards a treble that increasingly looked like it would be achieved without losing a game, the discussion in some parts of the media...Read More
Yesterday Celtic stepped into their Tardis and travelled back a few hundred years to take to the field at Windsor Park to play Linfield. The team from the North of Ireland are about the standard of Alloa or Albion Rovers. We...Read More
For the book Soccernomics, economist Stefan Szymanski wanted to understand the correlation between money spent and success on the football field. Anecdotally, he had a gut feel for the answer i.e. that the teams who spent the...Read More
Harry & The Bhoys Discuss the Definitive 2016/17 Awards The world famous Celtic Underground Top Ten is finally here. Celtic are about to kick off in the first competitive game in season 2017-18 and so we thought it...Read More
- Graeme McGarry: Kris Boyd owes Leigh Griffiths an apology for crass remarks about Celtic striker 24/01/2020KRIS BOYD may not have been every Celtic supporter’s cup of tea before Wednesday night, but as most people who have crossed paths with him will probably tell you, he seems a warm and decent character.
- Christopher Jullien on how Celtic's own 'Odd Couple' can fire them to glory 23/01/2020THEY may be Celtic’s answer to the Odd Couple, but the chemistry between Odsonne Edouard and Leigh Griffiths can fire their side to the title, according to teammate Christopher Jullien.
- Scott Brown: Never mind tale of the tape, Leigh Griffiths' goals will silence doubters 23/01/2020IMAGINE, if you will, a stranger screaming expletives at you, and knowing that you just have to take it. For footballers, such scenarios come with the territory on a weekly basis, and Leigh Griffiths knows as well as anyone that his own reaction to it at Rugby Park on Wednesday was misguided to say the […]
- 'If that was me, I would have been off': Celtic captain Scott Brown blasts Alan Power over challenge on Jeremie Frimpong 23/01/2020SCOTT BROWN has criticised Kilmarnock midfielder Alan Power for his challenge on Celtic’s Jeremie Frimpong in the match between the sides on Wednesday, accusing him of picking on a young player and claiming he would have been sent off had he made such a tackle.
- Celtic midfielder Eboue Kouassi joins KRC Genk 23/01/2020CELTIC midfielder Eboue Kouassi has joined Belgian side KRC Genk on loan until the end of the season.
- Dyer says he can have no complaints after Celtic loss 23/01/2020KILMARNOCK manager Alex Dyer had no complaints about the manner of the defeat last night as Celtic ran out comfortable winner in Ayrshire.
- Neil Lennon keen to deploy Leigh Griffiths and Odsonne Edouard 23/01/2020NEIL Lennon looks set to continue his experiment of two up front after praising the link-up play between Odsonne Edouard and Leigh Griffiths during the win at Rugby Park last night.
- Celtic scout Martin Boyle | Robby McCrorie impresses for Livingston 23/01/2020CELTIC'S head of football operations was at Easter Road last night running the rule over Martin Boyle, Jim Goodwin fears Kyle Magennis' season may be over and Gary Holt is delighted with Robby McCrorie following the goalkeeper's debut against St Johnstone last night.