Category: Season 2016-2017
There is nothing better after a nail biting game to be able to listen to some Celtic chat, whoever is producing it. There is nothing worse after a defeat than recording said Celtic chat so my night was on a knife edge. Not...Read More
Regular listeners of the podcast will know the outcome of the Celtic Underground Top Ten and the Samaras Award but not everyone is a podcast listener so we decided to trial out laying the podcast out as a transcript for those...Read More
This past week has seen the feel good factor kicked the the baws at Celtic Park with the stramash over the Green Brigade followed by the Rangers Fraud whitewash and then the lack lustre home performance against Rosenborg. The...Read More
So, what do we have to talk about….Harry and Hullbhoy pondered that question and the chat quicker meandered into 2 hours of Celtic chat so we’ve decided that this should be cut down into two podcast – one mainly football...Read More
Scottish football is the clubs. When people refer to the SFA and SPFL, they often talk of them as some disparate body but they can only act on the instructions of their members and the members are the clubs. Specifically on day...Read More
WHY SCOTTISH FOOTBALL REBUILT, TOP TO TOE As last season developed, and Celtic progressed towards a treble that increasingly looked like it would be achieved without losing a game, the discussion in some parts of the media...Read More
Yesterday Celtic stepped into their Tardis and travelled back a few hundred years to take to the field at Windsor Park to play Linfield. The team from the North of Ireland are about the standard of Alloa or Albion Rovers. We...Read More
For the book Soccernomics, economist Stefan Szymanski wanted to understand the correlation between money spent and success on the football field. Anecdotally, he had a gut feel for the answer i.e. that the teams who spent the...Read More
Harry & The Bhoys Discuss the Definitive 2016/17 Awards The world famous Celtic Underground Top Ten is finally here. Celtic are about to kick off in the first competitive game in season 2017-18 and so we thought it...Read More
- Baby donkey Ryan Christie perplexed by his head butt hoodoo – but confident Scotland can land Euro 2020 play-off spot 18/11/2018RYAN Christie is baffled why he was targeted for a head butt for the second time in the space of just six days when Scotland squared up to Albania at the weekend.
- James Forrest's fire burns brightly for Scotland despite cap snubs ahead of crucial Israel showdown 18/11/2018ALEX McLeish was visibly angered when it was suggested to him in fairly blunt terms that he, not a freakish catalogue of injuries, may have been the reason for so many players pulling out of the Scotland double header with Albania and Israel on Friday night.
- Celtic legend Bobby Lennox on his statue, Saltcoats and why being known as a good guy is all you can ask for 18/11/2018THE living room door bursts open and in walks one of Scotland’s greatest sporting sons. And he’s singing.
- Albania 0 Scotland 4: James Forrest at the double as Alex McLeish's injury-ravaged side coast to emphatic win 17/11/2018IT would not be at all unlike Scotland, given their propensity over the years for snatching defeat and failure from the jaws of victory and glory, to slip up just when it matters most against Israel at Hampden this Tuesday evening.
- Graeme McGarry: Here is how threadbare Scotland squad can line up to defeat Albania 17/11/2018NORMALLY when a team picks itself, it is because a manager has a group of players he can rely on, rather than only having 11 or so to pick from.
- Davie Hay: Kieran Tierney has the edge on Andy Robertson 16/11/2018Kieran Tierney just edges Andy Robertson for me in terms of the level both players are at just now.
- Alex McLeish insists there's nothing sinister in Scotland call-offs as Kieran Tierney becomes the ninth to withdraw 16/11/2018ALEX McLeish last night denied there was anything “sinister” in the high number of withdrawals from the Scotland squad for the Nations League matches with Albania and Israel matches after Kieran Tierney became the ninth player to pull out.
- Andy Robertson: The Scotland call-offs have all been genuine - Kieran Tierney was devastated when he had to pull out 16/11/2018ANDY Robertson last night stressed the call-offs from the Scotland squad ahead of the Nations League double header against Albania and Israel were all for genuine reasons and revealed that Kieran Tierney had been devastated when he was forced out.