Category: Season 2016-2017
There is nothing better after a nail biting game to be able to listen to some Celtic chat, whoever is producing it. There is nothing worse after a defeat than recording said Celtic chat so my night was on a knife edge. Not...Read More
Regular listeners of the podcast will know the outcome of the Celtic Underground Top Ten and the Samaras Award but not everyone is a podcast listener so we decided to trial out laying the podcast out as a transcript for those...Read More
This past week has seen the feel good factor kicked the the baws at Celtic Park with the stramash over the Green Brigade followed by the Rangers Fraud whitewash and then the lack lustre home performance against Rosenborg. The...Read More
So, what do we have to talk about….Harry and Hullbhoy pondered that question and the chat quicker meandered into 2 hours of Celtic chat so we’ve decided that this should be cut down into two podcast – one mainly football...Read More
Scottish football is the clubs. When people refer to the SFA and SPFL, they often talk of them as some disparate body but they can only act on the instructions of their members and the members are the clubs. Specifically on day...Read More
WHY SCOTTISH FOOTBALL REBUILT, TOP TO TOE As last season developed, and Celtic progressed towards a treble that increasingly looked like it would be achieved without losing a game, the discussion in some parts of the media...Read More
Yesterday Celtic stepped into their Tardis and travelled back a few hundred years to take to the field at Windsor Park to play Linfield. The team from the North of Ireland are about the standard of Alloa or Albion Rovers. We...Read More
For the book Soccernomics, economist Stefan Szymanski wanted to understand the correlation between money spent and success on the football field. Anecdotally, he had a gut feel for the answer i.e. that the teams who spent the...Read More
Harry & The Bhoys Discuss the Definitive 2016/17 Awards The world famous Celtic Underground Top Ten is finally here. Celtic are about to kick off in the first competitive game in season 2017-18 and so we thought it...Read More
- Scottish football takes notice as Belgium end league early with Club Brugge crowned champions 02/04/2020BOSSES of Belgium’s premier division, the Jupiler Pro League, have ended the season early and awarded Club Brugge the title.
- Ex-Celtic ace Ramon Vega urges Hoops to join forces with Rangers to support the rest of Scotland 02/04/2020RAMON VEGA has urged Celtic to team up Rangers to help Scottish football battle its way through the coronavirus crisis.
- Rangers and Celtic must increase away end allocations for Old Firm clashes, insists Ally McCoist 02/04/2020ALLY McCOIST has urged both Celtic and Rangers to increase away allocations back to 8,000 for Old Firm clashes when football returns.
- Why Celtic scored a PR own goal by placing non-playing staff on furlough 02/04/2020CELTIC’S announcement yesterday that some of the club’s non-playing staff would be placed on the government’s job retention scheme was met with a fair deal of outcry in some quarters. There were the usual outbursts from those who complain about overpaid footballers; damning players for not personally stepping in and seizing responsibility for the financial […]
- Tony Fitzpatrick: This season is over, let's get on with planning a better future for Scottish football 02/04/2020THE decision may not yet have been made, but for Tony Fitzpatrick, it is only a matter of time. The St Mirren legend and CEO says that this season is already over, and it is now time to make the most of the situation.
- Back in the sporting day: Leeds v Celtic, The Battle of Britain 1970 02/04/2020The great thing about sport is that even if there’s nothing happening live, you can always look back on vivid memories. Over the next few weeks, Back in the Sporting Day will mark the anniversaries of great Scottish sporting moments, starting with the first half of a memorable double by Celtic over an English ‘superteam’ […]
- Celtic to place several staff on government's furlough scheme amid coronavirus crisis 01/04/2020Celtic have confirmed they will make use of the government's furlough scheme for several non-playing members of staff.
- Celtic star Greg Taylor hails girlfriend for battling coronavirus on frontline 01/04/2020Celtic defender Greg Taylor admits the life of a footballer has been placed into firm perspective after watching his girlfriend’s efforts to battle coronavirus.