Category: Season 2016-2017
There is nothing better after a nail biting game to be able to listen to some Celtic chat, whoever is producing it. There is nothing worse after a defeat than recording said Celtic chat so my night was on a knife edge. Not...Read More
Regular listeners of the podcast will know the outcome of the Celtic Underground Top Ten and the Samaras Award but not everyone is a podcast listener so we decided to trial out laying the podcast out as a transcript for those...Read More
This past week has seen the feel good factor kicked the the baws at Celtic Park with the stramash over the Green Brigade followed by the Rangers Fraud whitewash and then the lack lustre home performance against Rosenborg. The...Read More
So, what do we have to talk about….Harry and Hullbhoy pondered that question and the chat quicker meandered into 2 hours of Celtic chat so we’ve decided that this should be cut down into two podcast – one mainly football...Read More
Scottish football is the clubs. When people refer to the SFA and SPFL, they often talk of them as some disparate body but they can only act on the instructions of their members and the members are the clubs. Specifically on day...Read More
WHY SCOTTISH FOOTBALL REBUILT, TOP TO TOE As last season developed, and Celtic progressed towards a treble that increasingly looked like it would be achieved without losing a game, the discussion in some parts of the media...Read More
Yesterday Celtic stepped into their Tardis and travelled back a few hundred years to take to the field at Windsor Park to play Linfield. The team from the North of Ireland are about the standard of Alloa or Albion Rovers. We...Read More
For the book Soccernomics, economist Stefan Szymanski wanted to understand the correlation between money spent and success on the football field. Anecdotally, he had a gut feel for the answer i.e. that the teams who spent the...Read More
Harry & The Bhoys Discuss the Definitive 2016/17 Awards The world famous Celtic Underground Top Ten is finally here. Celtic are about to kick off in the first competitive game in season 2017-18 and so we thought it...Read More
- The SPFL have spoken to Facebook, Amazon and Apple in a bid to get the best television deal 15/08/2018SCOTTISH football chiefs have held face-to-face talks with some of the world's richest companies in their bid to find the best television deal.
- Brendan Rodgers makes no case for 'fit' Dedryck Boyata, nor the Celtic defence 14/08/2018BRENDAN RODGERS insists that Dedryck Boyata was fit to play in last night’s Champions League qualifying loss to AEK Athens, and that his absence proved costly as Celtic’s defence wilted in the heat of the Greek capital.
- Celtic needs Neil Lennon - and four other things we learned as Bhoys crash out of Champions League 14/08/2018Is it a disaster? Of course not.
- AEK Athens 2 Celtic 1: Celtic's tragedy lies in their generosity as Champions League dream lies in ruins 14/08/2018IT is often said that the Scots specialise in glorious failure, but Celtic took part in their own Greek tragedy last night in Athens to crash out of Champions League qualifying.
- Celtic marks out of ten: A bad night for Celtic's defenders but Tierney and McGregor starred once again 14/08/2018Craig Gordon
- Brendan Rodgers says Dedryck Boyata is fit as he makes clear the Belgian has let down Celtic 14/08/2018BRENDAN Rodgers has insisted Dedryck Boyata is fit and was not taken to Athens in case it hurt the spirit within the squad.
- 'Scottish football can be a comfort zone': Aston Villa star John McGinn explains Celtic snub 14/08/2018John McGinn admits he had entered a ‘comfort zone’ in Scottish football and insists he joined Aston Villa because he is ambitious.
- Patrick Roberts ends Celtic speculation as he prepares for Girona loan 14/08/2018Patrick Roberts is expected to sign a loan deal with Girona, signalling an end to any lingering hope the Celtic support had of getting the winger back at the Parkhead side.