Category: Season 2016-2017
There is nothing better after a nail biting game to be able to listen to some Celtic chat, whoever is producing it. There is nothing worse after a defeat than recording said Celtic chat so my night was on a knife edge. Not...Read More
Regular listeners of the podcast will know the outcome of the Celtic Underground Top Ten and the Samaras Award but not everyone is a podcast listener so we decided to trial out laying the podcast out as a transcript for those...Read More
This past week has seen the feel good factor kicked the the baws at Celtic Park with the stramash over the Green Brigade followed by the Rangers Fraud whitewash and then the lack lustre home performance against Rosenborg. The...Read More
So, what do we have to talk about….Harry and Hullbhoy pondered that question and the chat quicker meandered into 2 hours of Celtic chat so we’ve decided that this should be cut down into two podcast – one mainly football...Read More
Scottish football is the clubs. When people refer to the SFA and SPFL, they often talk of them as some disparate body but they can only act on the instructions of their members and the members are the clubs. Specifically on day...Read More
WHY SCOTTISH FOOTBALL REBUILT, TOP TO TOE As last season developed, and Celtic progressed towards a treble that increasingly looked like it would be achieved without losing a game, the discussion in some parts of the media...Read More
Yesterday Celtic stepped into their Tardis and travelled back a few hundred years to take to the field at Windsor Park to play Linfield. The team from the North of Ireland are about the standard of Alloa or Albion Rovers. We...Read More
For the book Soccernomics, economist Stefan Szymanski wanted to understand the correlation between money spent and success on the football field. Anecdotally, he had a gut feel for the answer i.e. that the teams who spent the...Read More
Harry & The Bhoys Discuss the Definitive 2016/17 Awards The world famous Celtic Underground Top Ten is finally here. Celtic are about to kick off in the first competitive game in season 2017-18 and so we thought it...Read More
- Celtic named as one of football's 50 richest clubs with Rangers outside the top 70 24/01/2019CELTIC have been named as one of the top 50 richest football clubs in the world, a list topped by Real Madrid who become the first club to generate over £655m in revenue.
- Celtic named as one of football's 50 richest clubs with Rangers outside the top 70 24/01/2019CELTIC have been named as one of the 50 richest football clubs in the world, a list topped by Real Madrid who become the first club to generate more than £655m in revenue.
- Maryan Shved on his way but won't be staying long as Brendan Rodgers says he "has a million wingers" 23/01/2019Celtic are expected to complete a deal for 21-year-old Ukrainian Maryan Shved – but the winger will be loaned out immediately.
- Oliver Burke nets a brace as Celtic sweep St Mirren aside with 4-0 win 23/01/2019If Celtic’s expensive surface is currently under the weather with a disease, Brendan Rodgers’ side remain in robust health. There was nothing about the pitch that threatened the Parkhead side’s exuberance as they left St Mirren reaching for a cold compress.There was a brace for Oliver Burke who netted a double in each half while Scott […]
- How is Brendan Rodgers going to give all his Celtic players game time after January recruitment drive? 23/01/2019FROM having too few players to fill their forward positions just a few short weeks ago, Celtic have suddenly gone to the other extreme.
- Celtic's Ryan Christie: "I think Timothy Weah's dad might beat my dad...." 22/01/2019When Brendan Rodgers spoke of Timothy Weah’s shirt being a little heavier than everyone else’s virtue of his famous father, Ryan Christie may well have shared a knowing nod with the American teenager. Well, a nod in his direction at least.
- Vakoun Issouf Bayo reveals goalscoring aims as he completes move to Celtic 22/01/2019CELTIC have completed the signing of striker Vakoun Issouf Bayo for £2m, subject to international clearance.
- Glasgow football fan to stand trial for allegedly punching three police horses at Celtic vs Airdrie game 22/01/2019Three other men also appeared on charges related to the game that saw Celtic win 3-0.