When I think of the most memorable games during my time supporting Celtic there are a few obvious...Read More
Category: Season 2012-2013
In business, when severe challenges come along you have basically 3 options; Run around panicking like extras in a bad disaster movie Sit in the corner like Corporal Fraser stating “we’re doomed” Or provide a temporary solution...Read More
Recently Jim Spence has gone on the trail of the potential of Scottish Clubs playing competitively against English clubs. This follows from recent statements by our own Peter Lawwell about the growing disparity between the...Read More
There was a time when Scotland had the same type of managerial diddy-go-round to be found in the English Championship: manager fired because the club wants to go to the “next level”, he gets a job with a mid-table club with...Read More
- Scottish football takes notice as Belgium end league early with Club Brugge crowned champions 02/04/2020BOSSES of Belgium’s premier division, the Jupiler Pro League, have ended the season early and awarded Club Brugge the title.
- Ex-Celtic ace Ramon Vega urges Hoops to join forces with Rangers to support the rest of Scotland 02/04/2020RAMON VEGA has urged Celtic to team up Rangers to help Scottish football battle its way through the coronavirus crisis.
- Rangers and Celtic must increase away end allocations for Old Firm clashes, insists Ally McCoist 02/04/2020ALLY McCOIST has urged both Celtic and Rangers to increase away allocations back to 8,000 for Old Firm clashes when football returns.
- Why Celtic scored a PR own goal by placing non-playing staff on furlough 02/04/2020CELTIC’S announcement yesterday that some of the club’s non-playing staff would be placed on the government’s job retention scheme was met with a fair deal of outcry in some quarters. There were the usual outbursts from those who complain about overpaid footballers; damning players for not personally stepping in and seizing responsibility for the financial […]
- Tony Fitzpatrick: This season is over, let's get on with planning a better future for Scottish football 02/04/2020THE decision may not yet have been made, but for Tony Fitzpatrick, it is only a matter of time. The St Mirren legend and CEO says that this season is already over, and it is now time to make the most of the situation.
- Back in the sporting day: Leeds v Celtic, The Battle of Britain 1970 02/04/2020The great thing about sport is that even if there’s nothing happening live, you can always look back on vivid memories. Over the next few weeks, Back in the Sporting Day will mark the anniversaries of great Scottish sporting moments, starting with the first half of a memorable double by Celtic over an English ‘superteam’ […]
- Celtic to place several staff on government's furlough scheme amid coronavirus crisis 01/04/2020Celtic have confirmed they will make use of the government's furlough scheme for several non-playing members of staff.
- Celtic star Greg Taylor hails girlfriend for battling coronavirus on frontline 01/04/2020Celtic defender Greg Taylor admits the life of a footballer has been placed into firm perspective after watching his girlfriend’s efforts to battle coronavirus.