It’s 37 years ago today since one of Celtic’s most memorable wins over Rangers. This...Read More
Category: Season 2015-2016
Saturday saw the unveiling of the first standing section at a top-level football ground in the UK in over 20 years. For understandable reasons Britain has moved away from standing at major sporting events since the tragedy at...Read More
Football’s back and I wish it wasn’t. What a remarkable first game for Brendan. Some of the worst moments of the last 18 months were revisted…and then some! It’s the first game under Brendan and so time...Read More
Listeners to the podcast will know that voting has now commenced for the Celtic Underground Top Ten for season 2015/16 and perhaps this is going to be the hardest season to vote for yet…hard because of the few number of...Read More
- Baby donkey Ryan Christie perplexed by his head butt hoodoo – but confident Scotland can land Euro 2020 play-off spot 18/11/2018RYAN Christie is baffled why he was targeted for a head butt for the second time in the space of just six days when Scotland squared up to Albania at the weekend.
- James Forrest's fire burns brightly for Scotland despite cap snubs ahead of crucial Israel showdown 18/11/2018ALEX McLeish was visibly angered when it was suggested to him in fairly blunt terms that he, not a freakish catalogue of injuries, may have been the reason for so many players pulling out of the Scotland double header with Albania and Israel on Friday night.
- Celtic legend Bobby Lennox on his statue, Saltcoats and why being known as a good guy is all you can ask for 18/11/2018THE living room door bursts open and in walks one of Scotland’s greatest sporting sons. And he’s singing.
- Albania 0 Scotland 4: James Forrest at the double as Alex McLeish's injury-ravaged side coast to emphatic win 17/11/2018IT would not be at all unlike Scotland, given their propensity over the years for snatching defeat and failure from the jaws of victory and glory, to slip up just when it matters most against Israel at Hampden this Tuesday evening.
- Graeme McGarry: Here is how threadbare Scotland squad can line up to defeat Albania 17/11/2018NORMALLY when a team picks itself, it is because a manager has a group of players he can rely on, rather than only having 11 or so to pick from.
- Davie Hay: Kieran Tierney has the edge on Andy Robertson 16/11/2018Kieran Tierney just edges Andy Robertson for me in terms of the level both players are at just now.
- Alex McLeish insists there's nothing sinister in Scotland call-offs as Kieran Tierney becomes the ninth to withdraw 16/11/2018ALEX McLeish last night denied there was anything “sinister” in the high number of withdrawals from the Scotland squad for the Nations League matches with Albania and Israel matches after Kieran Tierney became the ninth player to pull out.
- Andy Robertson: The Scotland call-offs have all been genuine - Kieran Tierney was devastated when he had to pull out 16/11/2018ANDY Robertson last night stressed the call-offs from the Scotland squad ahead of the Nations League double header against Albania and Israel were all for genuine reasons and revealed that Kieran Tierney had been devastated when he was forced out.