Saturday past saw the annual Celtic FC Foundation badge day which raises funds for Britain’s most successful football club charity. The success of the Foundation is no surprise, after-all we all know why this club was...Read More
LIFELONG Celtic supporter Frank Gilhooley has previously cycled across Western Australia and hiked the West Highland Way, but now he plans to take on the challenge of a lifetime. He will lead an adventurous group of supporters...Read More
On Sunday 21st May, Celtic hosted Hearts for the Six-in-a-Row trophy day presentation and in time honoured fashion Trophy Day was also badge day for the Celtic FC Foundation. With five badges in the bag people are becoming...Read More
Immediately following the thumping at Ibrox we had the raw and unedited podcast recorded on the journey home from the game. It captured the emotion of Jim and I immediately post match, but if you like your sound accompanied by...Read More
Supporters in Scotland are dreadfully served by the media and that will be especially evident to Celtic fans hoping to relive the magic Hogmanay Glasgow Derby win. Sky (who cannot hide their disdain for the Scottish game)...Read More
Monday evening saw quite a remarkable event – 13,000 fans turned up to welcome our new manager. They started pouring through the turnstiles a full 2 hours before his unveiling such is the excitement at his appointment....Read More
When Ronny Deila was appointed, no-one could know whether he would succeed. A young manager of an over performing small club in Norway with very limited European football experience, in many ways he was quite a gamble. We all...Read More
- Scottish football takes notice as Belgium end league early with Club Brugge crowned champions 02/04/2020BOSSES of Belgium’s premier division, the Jupiler Pro League, have ended the season early and awarded Club Brugge the title.
- Ex-Celtic ace Ramon Vega urges Hoops to join forces with Rangers to support the rest of Scotland 02/04/2020RAMON VEGA has urged Celtic to team up Rangers to help Scottish football battle its way through the coronavirus crisis.
- Rangers and Celtic must increase away end allocations for Old Firm clashes, insists Ally McCoist 02/04/2020ALLY McCOIST has urged both Celtic and Rangers to increase away allocations back to 8,000 for Old Firm clashes when football returns.
- Why Celtic scored a PR own goal by placing non-playing staff on furlough 02/04/2020CELTIC’S announcement yesterday that some of the club’s non-playing staff would be placed on the government’s job retention scheme was met with a fair deal of outcry in some quarters. There were the usual outbursts from those who complain about overpaid footballers; damning players for not personally stepping in and seizing responsibility for the financial […]
- Tony Fitzpatrick: This season is over, let's get on with planning a better future for Scottish football 02/04/2020THE decision may not yet have been made, but for Tony Fitzpatrick, it is only a matter of time. The St Mirren legend and CEO says that this season is already over, and it is now time to make the most of the situation.
- Back in the sporting day: Leeds v Celtic, The Battle of Britain 1970 02/04/2020The great thing about sport is that even if there’s nothing happening live, you can always look back on vivid memories. Over the next few weeks, Back in the Sporting Day will mark the anniversaries of great Scottish sporting moments, starting with the first half of a memorable double by Celtic over an English ‘superteam’ […]
- Celtic to place several staff on government's furlough scheme amid coronavirus crisis 01/04/2020Celtic have confirmed they will make use of the government's furlough scheme for several non-playing members of staff.
- Celtic star Greg Taylor hails girlfriend for battling coronavirus on frontline 01/04/2020Celtic defender Greg Taylor admits the life of a footballer has been placed into firm perspective after watching his girlfriend’s efforts to battle coronavirus.