Recently I heard an interview with Bill Rasmussen, the founder of ESPN. Formed in 1978 and broadcasting from 1979, the American network initially covered sports the networks didn’t pick up. With the expansion of cable in the USA...Read More
Part of the appeal of a sport to an armchair fan is the production value of the television presentation. Most fans just sit down in front of the TV and consume, giving little thought to the efforts put in by TV companies to make...Read More
When growing up there were 3 European football competitions; The European Cup, The Cup Winner Cup and The UEFA Cup and ALL European competition was exciting. Then came the Champions League and the extension the premier European...Read More
With the abysmal TV contract which, as highlighted yesterday, actually costs some clubs money and as we all know massively inconveniences fans, there are those who argue Scottish football should abandon TV and return all games...Read More
In business, when severe challenges come along you have basically 3 options; Run around panicking like extras in a bad disaster movie Sit in the corner like Corporal Fraser stating “we’re doomed” Or provide a temporary solution...Read More
Getting a good pundit for football can be a tricky job for a tv producer and as Sportscene makes way for MOTD2 on a Sunday evening we can often see the stark contrast between those ex-pros able to be provide insight and...Read More
- Six-goal thriller as Celtic move into second spot 20/10/2018Celtic moved to second in the table after an entertaining 4-2 win over Hibs at Celtic Park. An in-the-mood Tom Rogic had given Celtic an early lead before Olivier Ntcham doubled their advantage. Odsonne Edouard netted a second-half brace to stave off any suggestion of a Hibs revival which had been hinted at with goals […]
- Celtic defender Filip Benkovic has recall clause for potential January exit 19/10/2018Celtic defender Filip Benkovic has revealed that he has a clause in his contract which could lead to him being recalled by Leicester in January.
- Brendan Rodgers backs Leigh Griffiths over Scotland but urges striker to knuckle down 19/10/2018Heard the one about the striker who took a fortnight off to get fit? He came back injured.
- Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers believes Scott Brown has earned right to take his time over next move 19/10/2018Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers believes that Scott Brown has earned the right to deliberate over his next career step as Australian A-League aspirants Western Melbourne prepare to make an audacious move for the midfielder.
- Celtic striker Odsonne Edouard warns of Hibs threat 18/10/2018Celtic striker Odsonne Edouard has warned Brendan Rodgers' side that they need to respect Hibs as genuine title challengers. Neil Lennon's team are currently second in the table behind Hearts after an impressive start to the season and Edouard has insisted that they will not be taken lightly by Celtic.
- Simon Donnelly warns Celtic they will have to be at their best for Hibernian challenge 18/10/2018SIMON DONNELLY has warned Celtic that they will have to be at their best to see off the challenge of Hibernian this weekend.
- Ex-Celtic forward Simon Donnelly reckons old Rangers rival Barry Ferguson can help Scotland shine in Star Sixes 18/10/2018FORMER Celtic forward Simon Donnelly has admitted he is desperate for Scotland to improve on their disappointing performance in last year's Star Sixes tournament.
- Davie Hay: Forget Neil Lennon and Celtic link, Hoops need to pick up where they left off 18/10/2018This is a massive couple of weeks on the horizon for Celtic.