Not quite…the story of the money on P/C is a story of our sad season. We started the year with £100 in our Paddy Power account and had such high hopes for the coming year. It all started so brightly. Within the first few weeks we went to £116 and then up to £124, even reaching the dizzy heights of £133 and then it all started going wrong. Obviously we only bet on SPL fixtures and specifically bet on both us and Rangers winning, which didn’t happen very regularly this season past. Indeed we did not win more than 4 consecutive games until Lennon’s arrival. Since we only finished 6 points behind Rangers then you can see that they also were not winning every week. Our lowest point was when we got to just £16 left.
We started recovering when our early season bets started kicking in. Naturally we went for the Hoops for the title (useless buggers) but had more luck elsewhere.
EPL – Chelsea
Championship – Newcastle (with Forrest E/W!)
1ST Division – we lost out on Leeds
2nd Division – Notts County
SPL – ????
1st Div – Inverness Caley
So not a bad record – a wee fiver on each of these at the start of the season and I end up with a 56% return on my £100 initial investment. Beats the banks.
So Ben Patrick and I will sit and down and think about who’ll be winning the leagues next term. World Cups, new managers and new signings will all play a part. Here’s hoping we have two of them by end of July.
One Final; Money Back Bet for you;
FA Cup Final – Sat 15th May, 3pm ITV1 – Chelsea v Portsmouth
If Frank Lampard score the last goal, Paddy Power will refund all losing 1st /last goalscorer, correct score & scorecast singles on the match.
– Applies to singles placed before kick off only
– Applies to 1st/last goalscorer, correct score & scorecast markets only.
– Applies to win part of each-way goalscorer bets only.
– Applies to last goal in normal time only, extra time and penalties do not count.
– Max Refund £/€100 per customer/bet.
– If Lampard plays no part special will revert to last goal scored with a header.
– Paddy Power football rules apply.
– Does not apply to customers whose language of registration is Spanish.