A meeting of the main Celtic supporters’ organisations was held yesterday (Saturday 4th June) to discuss the forthcoming SFA AGM. The discussion centred around the preparation of contingency plans to be activated in the event that the McLeish recommendations are not adopted in full on Tuesday. A number of proposals, reflecting the financial contribution of the Celtic support to Scottish football, were discussed and remain under consideration. The meeting called on the SFA and its member clubs to ensure that the administration of the Scottish game is modernised to ensure transparency and fairness and that integrity of sporting competition is delivered.
About The Author
Follow us on Twitter @CelticRumours.
- Jonny Hayes: I expected Celtic to give me a contract extension before the coronavirus outbreak 31/05/2020JONNY Hayes has revealed he had expected to be offered a contract extension by Celtic before the coronavirus outbreak after holding positive talks with manager Neil Lennon and his assistant John Kennedy.
- 'We lit the fuse': O'Neill reflects on Celtic success 20 years on from appointment 31/05/2020If there was an echo of time gone by at Celtic Park this season as Neil Lennon returned from the winter break to go into games with two strikers up front and a back three, it is not the only thing that still resonates from Martin O’Neill’s Celtic era.
- John Kennedy on his debt to Martin O'Neill 20 years after Northern Irishman's arrival at Celtic 31/05/2020CELTIC assistant John Kennedy has paid a glowing tribute to Martin O’Neill for helping to further his football career on the 20th anniversary of the Northern Irishman’s appointment as Parkhead manager.
- Neil Lennon hopeful chance to make history will help Celtic land new players - and keep Odsonne Edouard 31/05/2020NEIL Lennon is confident the chance to help Celtic make history and complete 10-In-A-Row next season will enable him to lure players to Parkhead this summer despite the uncertainty the Covid-19 pandemic will create in the transfer market.
- Neil Lennon: Leigh Griffiths is at his peak - he'll be a vital asset in Celtic's push for 10-In-A-Row 31/05/2020THE suspension of football back in March due to the coronavirus outbreak came at the worst possible time for Leigh Griffiths. The Celtic striker was, after a turbulent year that had seen him sidelined with personal issues and then injury, finally getting back to his old self. He scored eight times in 13 appearances in […]
- Celtic legend Jackie McNamara on life after brain surgery 30/05/2020JACKIE McNamara doesn’t fancy a return to management as he finds his feet again following a brain haemorrhage in March.
- Celtic announce centre half Jozo Simunovic will leave Parkhead this summer 30/05/2020CELTIC have announced that Jonny Hayes and Jozo Simunovic will both be leaving the Parkhead club this summer.
- Hearts owner Ann Budge slams SPFL for failing to act decisively over "amazing" offer of financial help 30/05/2020HEARTS owner Ann Budge has expressed her frustration with the SPFL for failing to act decisively after “philanthropists” approached her offering lower league clubs financial help to survive the coronavirus crisis.