Good goes to…nothing and no one. I could probably make a case for Rogic but am not feeling particularly charitable after a long week. Even everyone’s seeming glamor boy, Laxalt, is now 3 of 27 at Celtic on crosses, including 0 for 13 in the three Europa League games.Read More
Author: Juco James
Fitness and Covid issues have simply amplified the importance of sound decisions. The manager showed signs of relenting his stubbornness late in the Kilmarnock draw but quickly reverted to type. Hopefully the last 30 minutes versus Milan serve as a wakeup call and he is able to make desperately needed changes. It is not too late to correct course.Read More
To address one of the hot topics coming out of the game, the first graphic shows other games since the beginning of the 2015-2016 season with low number of shots on target. Only the 2-0 defeat to M’gladbach in the Champions League in 2016 saw Celtic with zero shots on target.Read More
In the preceding 8 league games, opponents’ attacks averaged 20.8% going through the middle of the pitch. All but the Killie game, with it obviously being on that terrible pitch, were between 19%-25% (14.5% vs Killie). Yesterday’s game was just 13.1%, with the major threats coming from wide areas and crosses.Read More
If the question is simply: Was Celtic’s net attacking and defensive output better vs Sarajevo? Then my answer is yes. Like the Hibs game, if the question is: Did the performance indicate that the drivers of recent disappointing performance levels improve? Then the answer is no.Read More
- Celtic and Hibs dealt blow as Australia boss confirms Tom Rogic and Martin Boyle call-ups 18/01/2022TOM ROGIC is set to miss next month’s Old Firm showdown after Australia boss Graham Arnold confirmed he will pick the Celtic star for World Cup duty.
- Daizen Maeda says he can get the goals to fire Celtic to the title 18/01/2022AS signs of intent go, a goal four minutes into your debut isn’t too shabby. Daizen Maeda is hoping that it is also a sign of things to come.
- Hibernian need to turn possession into points, but Jake Doyle-Hayes encouraged in defeat to Celtic 18/01/2022NOBODY needs to tell Jake Doyle-Hayes that the only stat in football that truly matters is the scoreline, but that doesn’t mean that the Hibernian midfielder can’t take solace from some encouraging signs in their defeat to Celtic on Monday night.
- Mark Warburton shuts down Celtic speculation over QPR youngster Sinclair Armstrong 18/01/2022MARK WARBURTON has shut down speculation linking Celtic with QPR youngster Sinclair Armstrong.
- Celtic manager Ange Postecoglou shuts down Chick Young over Reo Hatate/Shunsuke Nakamura comparison 18/01/2022ANGE POSTECOGLOU was quick to shut down BBC reporter Chick Young after he likened Celtic ace Reo Hatate to Parkhead hero Shunsuke Nakamura.
- Michael Stewart's 'incredible' on-air astonishment over Celtic ace Reo Hatate's price tag 18/01/2022Michael Stewart couldn’t believe Celtic had purchased Reo Hatate for around £1.4 million.
- Charlie Nicholas labels Riley McGree as 'greedy' after turning down Celtic 18/01/2022Charlie Nicholas has called out former Celtic target Riley McGree as ‘greedy’ after the midfielder turned down a move to Ange Postecoglou’s side.
- Ange Postecoglou confirms Leigh Griffiths' Celtic departure as he hails his Parkhead impact 18/01/2022ANGE POSTECOGLOU has confirmed that Leigh Griffiths will leave Celtic after his contract was terminated early.