To address one of the hot topics coming out of the game, the first graphic shows other games since the beginning of the 2015-2016 season with low number of shots on target. Only the 2-0 defeat to M’gladbach in the Champions League in 2016 saw Celtic with zero shots on target.Read More
Author: Juco James
In the preceding 8 league games, opponents’ attacks averaged 20.8% going through the middle of the pitch. All but the Killie game, with it obviously being on that terrible pitch, were between 19%-25% (14.5% vs Killie). Yesterday’s game was just 13.1%, with the major threats coming from wide areas and crosses.Read More
If the question is simply: Was Celtic’s net attacking and defensive output better vs Sarajevo? Then my answer is yes. Like the Hibs game, if the question is: Did the performance indicate that the drivers of recent disappointing performance levels improve? Then the answer is no.Read More
An important reminder regarding analytical models: they are designed to offer information which can enhance insight, but understanding framework and limitations is important. For example, the scramble by Ajeti at the goal mouth did not register a shot or any xG in Wyscout’s model, so this specific event-based xG did not assign “value” to it.Read More
- Chris Sutton names and shames underperforming Celtic stars as he makes serious transfer warning 02/12/2020Chris Sutton has named two top Celtic stars in particular he feels are underperforming - and hurting their own transfer chances down the line.
- Steven Pressley feels Parkhead skipper Scott Brown and Celtic are suffering from crowd ban during Covid-19 crisis 01/12/2020STEVEN Pressley has attributed Scott Brown’s disappointing form this season to playing matches behind closed doors - and argued that not having any fans inside Parkhead due to the Covid-19 pandemic has had a negative impact on the entire Celtic side.
- Steven Pressley: Neil Lennon deserves time to silence the Parkhead boo boys - just like Gordon Strachan in 2008 01/12/2020STEVEN Pressley was a player at Celtic back in 2008 when irate fans turned on Gordon Strachan during a league defeat to Motherwell at Parkhead – and saw first hand how his manager recovered and went on to win his third consecutive Scottish title.
- Paolo Di Canio in shock tip to become next Celtic manager if Neil Lennon is axed by Hoops board 01/12/2020Open Goal host Si Ferry has urged Celtic to opt for Paolo Di Canio if they are to sack Neil Lennon as Parkhead boss.
- Celtic's Peter Lawwell issues Neil Lennon statement 01/12/2020CELTIC Chief Executive Peter Lawwell has defended boss Neil Lennon, reiterating that the manager has the board's support.
- Chris Sutton: Milan clash is Neil Lennon's last throw of the dice at Celtic 01/12/2020FORMER Celtic striker Chris Sutton believes that Thursday night's Europa League clash with Milan is Neil Lennon's 'last throw of the dice' as manager.
- Premiership manager slams 'despicable' protest from Celtic fans 01/12/2020STUART KETTLEWELL says the chaotic scenes he witnessed outside Celtic Park following Ross County's 2-0 Betfred Cup win on Sunday were nothing short of "despicable".
- Rangers legend Brian Laudrup pinpoints the key Celtic error that could cost them 10-in-a-row 01/12/2020RANGERS legend Brian Laudrup believes that Celtic have become so obsessed with sealing an unprecedented tenth consecutive league title this season that the Parkhead club haven't devoted enough energy to working out how they'll actually do it.