Good goes to…nothing and no one. I could probably make a case for Rogic but am not feeling particularly charitable after a long week. Even everyone’s seeming glamor boy, Laxalt, is now 3 of 27 at Celtic on crosses, including 0 for 13 in the three Europa League games.Read More
Author: Juco James
Fitness and Covid issues have simply amplified the importance of sound decisions. The manager showed signs of relenting his stubbornness late in the Kilmarnock draw but quickly reverted to type. Hopefully the last 30 minutes versus Milan serve as a wakeup call and he is able to make desperately needed changes. It is not too late to correct course.Read More
To address one of the hot topics coming out of the game, the first graphic shows other games since the beginning of the 2015-2016 season with low number of shots on target. Only the 2-0 defeat to M’gladbach in the Champions League in 2016 saw Celtic with zero shots on target.Read More
In the preceding 8 league games, opponents’ attacks averaged 20.8% going through the middle of the pitch. All but the Killie game, with it obviously being on that terrible pitch, were between 19%-25% (14.5% vs Killie). Yesterday’s game was just 13.1%, with the major threats coming from wide areas and crosses.Read More
If the question is simply: Was Celtic’s net attacking and defensive output better vs Sarajevo? Then my answer is yes. Like the Hibs game, if the question is: Did the performance indicate that the drivers of recent disappointing performance levels improve? Then the answer is no.Read More
- Globetrotting Jota on meeting pleading Celtic fans everywhere he went, and turning out for one of their Sunday League teams 01/07/2022FROM Ibiza to New York, from Cancun to Lisbon, the Celtic supporters have followed the globetrotting escapades of Jota all summer. It hasn’t only been through social media that they’ve been able to keep tabs on the winger, though, who they desperately hoped would be joining them permanently.
- Jota says there is much more to come from him as he hails Celtic as the perfect place to reach his potential 01/07/2022JOTA has told the Celtic supporters they haven’t seen anything yet as he vowed to improve after sealing his return to the club yesterday.
- Karamoko Dembele 'closing in' on free transfer to Brest following Celtic exit 01/07/2022KARAMOKO DEMBELE is closing in on a free transfer to Ligue 1, according to a report.
- Benfica bid fond farewell to Jota following Celtic transfer 01/07/2022BENFICA this morning bid a fond farewell to Jota following his permanent transfer to Celtic.
- Celtic finalise transfer for Benfica winger Jota 01/07/2022PORTUGUESE winger Jota has sealed a permanent transfer to Celtic after impressing on loan at Parkhead last season.
- Are young players jumping ship too early as top clubs exert power in the football food chain? 01/07/2022THE football food chain can be frustrating for fans. While they will commend their own clubs for picking up talent from clubs further down the ladder, supporters will often be angered by bigger fish circling their own ‘starlets’, to use a noun beloved of this profession.
- Glasgow Times' Wee Red Book 2022 for sale - here is what you need to know 01/07/2022IT’S the football announcement you have been waiting for – the Wee Red Book is back.
- Alexandro Bernabei vows to do Correa Celtic Supporters' Club proud as new Bhoy looks to make most of his opportunity 30/06/2022THERE is a small corner of Argentina that is now forever Celtic. The tiny village of Correa’s new favourite son has seen to that.