Fitness and Covid issues have simply amplified the importance of sound decisions. The manager showed signs of relenting his stubbornness late in the Kilmarnock draw but quickly reverted to type. Hopefully the last 30 minutes versus Milan serve as a wakeup call and he is able to make desperately needed changes. It is not too late to correct course.Read More
Author: Juco James
To address one of the hot topics coming out of the game, the first graphic shows other games since the beginning of the 2015-2016 season with low number of shots on target. Only the 2-0 defeat to M’gladbach in the Champions League in 2016 saw Celtic with zero shots on target.Read More
In the preceding 8 league games, opponents’ attacks averaged 20.8% going through the middle of the pitch. All but the Killie game, with it obviously being on that terrible pitch, were between 19%-25% (14.5% vs Killie). Yesterday’s game was just 13.1%, with the major threats coming from wide areas and crosses.Read More
If the question is simply: Was Celtic’s net attacking and defensive output better vs Sarajevo? Then my answer is yes. Like the Hibs game, if the question is: Did the performance indicate that the drivers of recent disappointing performance levels improve? Then the answer is no.Read More
- Albian Ajeti vows to repay Neil Lennon for getting him back on track by blasting Celtic back on course 28/10/2020IT wasn’t only the platform to prove he could still cut it at the highest level that Neil Lennon gave to Albian Ajeti when he plucked the striker from the West Ham wilderness in the summer, but the belief to show it too. Now, it’s payback time.
- Vitriol towards Shane Duffy has been 'absolutely incredible' says Neil Lennon, but Celtic manager backs him to bounce back 28/10/2020NEIL LENNON has backed Shane Duffy to brush off the ‘incredible vitriol’ he has been subjected to over his recent performances for Celtic and bounce back to show his worth to the club.
- Scottish clubs given major European boost after co-efficient rise 28/10/2020SCOTTISH football will have five representatives in European action next season.
- Celtic youngster Stephen Welsh reflects on whirlwind week after Rangers and AC Milan showings 28/10/2020Celtic kid Stephen Welsh has reflected on a whirlwind week that saw him take on Rangers and AC Milan within the space of a week at Parkhead.
- Kieran Tierney hailed by ex-Arsenal and Brazil superstar for hunger and passion despite Leicester loss 28/10/2020Former Arsenal and Brazil midfielder Gilberto Silva has hailed Kieran Tierney for his 'passion' and hunger to improve.
- Celtic trio Edouard, Bitton and Elhamed pictured in training ahead of Lille clash after Covid-19 diagnosis 28/10/2020Celtic have been handed a triple boost with Odsonne Edouard, Nir Bitton and Hatem Elhamed all training this week ahead of their side's Lille clash.
- Aiden McGeady lifts lid on 'naked' Artur Boruc shower brawl after Celtic training 28/10/2020Aiden McGeady has lifted the lid on exactly what happened to spark a dressing room brawl between himself and madcap goalkeeper Artur Boruc.
- Celtic target Alfie Doughty faces lengthy spell out after injury in Charlton clash, confirms Bowyer 28/10/2020Celtic target Alfie Doughty has suffered a serious injury that is likely to keep him out 'for some time'.