Category: Season 2016-2017
There is nothing better after a nail biting game to be able to listen to some Celtic chat, whoever is producing it. There is nothing worse after a defeat than recording said Celtic chat so my night was on a knife edge. Not...Read More
Regular listeners of the podcast will know the outcome of the Celtic Underground Top Ten and the Samaras Award but not everyone is a podcast listener so we decided to trial out laying the podcast out as a transcript for those...Read More
This past week has seen the feel good factor kicked the the baws at Celtic Park with the stramash over the Green Brigade followed by the Rangers Fraud whitewash and then the lack lustre home performance against Rosenborg. The...Read More
So, what do we have to talk about….Harry and Hullbhoy pondered that question and the chat quicker meandered into 2 hours of Celtic chat so we’ve decided that this should be cut down into two podcast – one mainly football...Read More
Scottish football is the clubs. When people refer to the SFA and SPFL, they often talk of them as some disparate body but they can only act on the instructions of their members and the members are the clubs. Specifically on day...Read More
WHY SCOTTISH FOOTBALL REBUILT, TOP TO TOE As last season developed, and Celtic progressed towards a treble that increasingly looked like it would be achieved without losing a game, the discussion in some parts of the media...Read More
Yesterday Celtic stepped into their Tardis and travelled back a few hundred years to take to the field at Windsor Park to play Linfield. The team from the North of Ireland are about the standard of Alloa or Albion Rovers. We...Read More
For the book Soccernomics, economist Stefan Szymanski wanted to understand the correlation between money spent and success on the football field. Anecdotally, he had a gut feel for the answer i.e. that the teams who spent the...Read More
Harry & The Bhoys Discuss the Definitive 2016/17 Awards The world famous Celtic Underground Top Ten is finally here. Celtic are about to kick off in the first competitive game in season 2017-18 and so we thought it...Read More
- SPFL urged to introduce Premiership reserve teams into regionalised lower leagues in radical shake-up 04/04/2020WHEN Gordon Smith first floated his revolutionary plan to regionalise the lower leagues and incorporate top flight reserve sides into the new-look structure during his time as SFA chief executive he was disappointed by the response.
- Ex-Parkhead defender Glenn Loovens on the Holy Trinity behind Celtic's quest for Nine-In-A-Row 04/04/2020MUCH had changed when Glenn Loovens made an emotional return to Parkhead for the Ladbrokes Premiership match against St Mirren the week before the shutdown was imposed last month.
- Glenn Loovens hoping to help old club Celtic land new signings - as a European talent scout 04/04/2020GLENN Loovens has pledged to help his former club Celtic land signings from across Europe - in his new role as a talent scout.
- Kenny Miller insists Celtic could be caught by Rangers 03/04/2020KENNY MILLER believes the Scottish campaign should be completed, insisting it cannot be taken for granted that Celtic would have marched to the title.
- Ex-Premiership defender calls for SPFL to follow Belgium's example 03/04/2020FREDERIC FRANS has urged Scottish football to follow Belgium’s lead by declaring Celtic champions and embracing Premiership reconstruction.
- SFA and SPFL warned by UEFA that cancelling competitions now is 'premature' and 'unjustified' 03/04/2020THE SFA and SPFL have been warned that cancelling competitions due to the coronavirus pandemic at this stage is “premature” and “unjustified”.
- QPR manager and ex-Rangers boss Mark Warburton wades into Celtic title debate 03/04/2020FORMER Rangers boss Mark Warburton says that any Celtic fans that are being honest with themselves will admit that Neil Lennon's side should have to play out the rest of the season to be named champions - and stressed that the remaining games must be played to ensure the Premiership's integrity.
- Celtic should be crowned champions because Rangers can't catch them, says Mikael Lustig 03/04/2020MIKAEL LUSTIG has called for Celtic to be declared champions insisting that there is no way the Hoops can be caught at the top of the league.