Category: Season 2016-2017
There is nothing better after a nail biting game to be able to listen to some Celtic chat, whoever is producing it. There is nothing worse after a defeat than recording said Celtic chat so my night was on a knife edge. Not...Read More
Regular listeners of the podcast will know the outcome of the Celtic Underground Top Ten and the Samaras Award but not everyone is a podcast listener so we decided to trial out laying the podcast out as a transcript for those...Read More
This past week has seen the feel good factor kicked the the baws at Celtic Park with the stramash over the Green Brigade followed by the Rangers Fraud whitewash and then the lack lustre home performance against Rosenborg. The...Read More
So, what do we have to talk about….Harry and Hullbhoy pondered that question and the chat quicker meandered into 2 hours of Celtic chat so we’ve decided that this should be cut down into two podcast – one mainly football...Read More
Scottish football is the clubs. When people refer to the SFA and SPFL, they often talk of them as some disparate body but they can only act on the instructions of their members and the members are the clubs. Specifically on day...Read More
WHY SCOTTISH FOOTBALL REBUILT, TOP TO TOE As last season developed, and Celtic progressed towards a treble that increasingly looked like it would be achieved without losing a game, the discussion in some parts of the media...Read More
Yesterday Celtic stepped into their Tardis and travelled back a few hundred years to take to the field at Windsor Park to play Linfield. The team from the North of Ireland are about the standard of Alloa or Albion Rovers. We...Read More
For the book Soccernomics, economist Stefan Szymanski wanted to understand the correlation between money spent and success on the football field. Anecdotally, he had a gut feel for the answer i.e. that the teams who spent the...Read More
Harry & The Bhoys Discuss the Definitive 2016/17 Awards The world famous Celtic Underground Top Ten is finally here. Celtic are about to kick off in the first competitive game in season 2017-18 and so we thought it...Read More
- Ex-Celtic boss Gordon Strachan likens Neil Lennon to Tommy Burns 25/02/2021NEIL LENNON’s Celtic legacy will not be compromised by this season, according to former Parkhead manager Gordon Strachan.
- Watch: Ex-Celtic ace Kieran Tierney nets stunner in Arsenal Europa League clash with Benfica 25/02/2021Kieran Tierney netted a stunning equaliser for Arsenal in their Europa League clash with Benfica this evening.
- John Kennedy breaks silence on replacing Neil Lennon at Celtic 25/02/2021INTERIM Celtic boss John Kennedy admits that he was 'never fully expecting' to be handed the reins of the Parkhead club after Neil Lennon resigned earlier this week.
- Jim White provides update on ex-Premier League manager 'in the mix' for Celtic job 25/02/2021Jim White has suggested that ex-Everton and current Belgium boss Roberto Martinez is in the mix for the Celtic job.
- Ex-Hibs ace makes shock Nick Hammond accusations on Steven Fletcher and blasts Celtic's 'waste of money' 25/02/2021Tam McManus has accused Celtic's head of football operations Nick Hammond of 'messing about' former Hoops target Steven Fletcher despite the striker DESPERATE to join the club.
- Ally McCoist gives 'no chance' John Kennedy verdict as he makes his Celtic manager pick 25/02/2021Ally McCoist reckons John Kennedy has absolutely no chance of being handed the Celtic job on a permanent basis.
- Why Celtic need a new manager now if they want to reclaim the Scottish title from rampant Rangers next season 25/02/2021THE uncertainty over Neil Lennon’s future at Celtic finally, after months of disappointment, speculation, criticism, protests and abuse, ended at just after seven o’clock yesterday morning when the Parkhead club announced to the London Stock Exchange he had resigned.
- Neil Lennon: A tarnished Celtic legacy or forever a Hoops hero? How fans may remember him 25/02/2021"A true Celtic man" is how the club's chief executive Peter Lawwell described Neil Lennon as his long-anticipated departure finally came to pass this week.