A Podcast with Harry, Robin & Alan This weeks podcast is all about the finances of Celtic...Read More
Category: Season 2016-2017
There is nothing better after a nail biting game to be able to listen to some Celtic chat, whoever is producing it. There is nothing worse after a defeat than recording said Celtic chat so my night was on a knife edge. Not...Read More
Regular listeners of the podcast will know the outcome of the Celtic Underground Top Ten and the Samaras Award but not everyone is a podcast listener so we decided to trial out laying the podcast out as a transcript for those...Read More
This past week has seen the feel good factor kicked the the baws at Celtic Park with the stramash over the Green Brigade followed by the Rangers Fraud whitewash and then the lack lustre home performance against Rosenborg. The...Read More
So, what do we have to talk about….Harry and Hullbhoy pondered that question and the chat quicker meandered into 2 hours of Celtic chat so we’ve decided that this should be cut down into two podcast – one mainly football...Read More
Scottish football is the clubs. When people refer to the SFA and SPFL, they often talk of them as some disparate body but they can only act on the instructions of their members and the members are the clubs. Specifically on day...Read More
WHY SCOTTISH FOOTBALL REBUILT, TOP TO TOE As last season developed, and Celtic progressed towards a treble that increasingly looked like it would be achieved without losing a game, the discussion in some parts of the media...Read More
Yesterday Celtic stepped into their Tardis and travelled back a few hundred years to take to the field at Windsor Park to play Linfield. The team from the North of Ireland are about the standard of Alloa or Albion Rovers. We...Read More
For the book Soccernomics, economist Stefan Szymanski wanted to understand the correlation between money spent and success on the football field. Anecdotally, he had a gut feel for the answer i.e. that the teams who spent the...Read More
Harry & The Bhoys Discuss the Definitive 2016/17 Awards The world famous Celtic Underground Top Ten is finally here. Celtic are about to kick off in the first competitive game in season 2017-18 and so we thought it...Read More
David Friel is a former journalist at The Celtic View and has previously written a Celtic Book – The Century Bhoys. If that wasn’t enough to put him off David has taken the bravery pills and dived into the world of...Read More
- James McFadden wants to see more challenging Leigh Griffiths for Scotland jersey 22/06/2018JAMES McFadden says Alex McLeish needs his Scotland players to step up and rival Leigh Griffiths in the scoring stakes.
- Celtic defender Dedryck Boyata: Vincent Kompany touched my heart 21/06/2018Dedryck Boyata has revealed that Vincent Kompany was one of the first to congratulate him in the aftermath of his World Cup performance for Belgium this week.
- Davie Hay: Leigh Griffiths up for the challenge of fighting for the starting jersey 21/06/2018The news that Leigh Griffiths is keen on staying at Celtic offers an insight, I think, into his determination to stay and fight for his place at the club.
- Davie Hay: More defensive cover expected during the window 21/06/2018Dedryck Boyata will come back to Celtic a better player than the one who left after his experience in Russia at the World Cup – and the same will go for all four Celtic players who are over there.
- Davie Hay: Celtic making it into the group stages of the Champions League is as big as winning a trophy 21/06/2018Given how difficult it has become to qualify for the Champions League, you have to consider that if Celtic make it back into the group stages this term that it is an accomplishment as impressive as any domestic success.
- Brendan Rodgers: affordability the key for Celtic in transfer market 21/06/2018Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers has insisted that he is as focussed on developing the players he has got as much as he is on bringing new players into the club.
- Tom Boyd believes more new signings await at Celtic 20/06/2018Former Celtic captain Tom Boyd believes that the Parkhead side will continue to bolster their squad before the closure of the transfer window at the end of August. Brendan Rodgers’ side established a new club transfer fee in order to secure Odsonne Edouard on a four-year deal from PSG but as the club prepare to […]
- Celtic striker Leigh Griffiths ditched summer holiday to get into the gym 20/06/2018While exotic destinations and luxury travel were crammed into the bulk of the Celtic squad’s June itinerary, Leigh Griffiths eschewed the planes, trains and automobiles for extra time in the gym.