1978-79 was a season like no other, marking the end of an era and transition to a different world in more ways than one. Jock Stein had managed Celtic for the final time and his European Cup winning captain was to take over the...Read More
Author: Harry Brady
15 Minutes in last night and we were praying that it be no worse than 3-0 by half-time. 25 minutes in and we were making comparisons with PSG; being played off the park by a team exhibiting exactly the style of play our manager...Read More
We all have our gut feel as to what would make Scottish football better, or specifically what would enhance Celtic. With the arrival of the web and then social media we can all expend our opinions on this (me along with many...Read More
The Celtic-Rangers rivalry was one of the fiercest and toxic rivalries in all of world football for reasons we all know. And then it stopped. Rangers went burst. FACT! In the narrative of Scottish football however this has...Read More
It has frustrated me for some time that pundits and journalists will use euphemisms such as “interesting” and “game of cat & mouse” when referring to crap games in the EPL. Such games in Scotland are simply “rubbish”. ...Read More
- James Forrest says 'brilliant' Odsonne Edouard as good as any striker he has played with at Celtic 29/05/2020EVEN in the days before xG and GPS dominated the metrics by which footballers are judged, there was one benchmark by which all wingers would live and die by above all others, and that was how many goals they laid on for their strikers.
- Premiership targets an August 1 start to the new season - after clubs get the go-ahead to resume training 29/05/2020SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster today thanked the Scottish government for giving Premiership clubs the green light to resume training next month and confirmed they are targeting an August 1 start for the new top flight season.
- Former Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers reveals he battled Covid-19 29/05/2020FORMER Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers has revealed that he had contracted the coronavirus, admitting the disease left him breathless and struggling to walk.
- Celtic survived 'punch in the nose' from Rangers in title race, says Owen Coyle 29/05/2020Owen Coyle says the Hoops recovered from a 'punch in the nose' against Rangers back in December to go on and seal the Premiership title.
- Celtic assistant John Kennedy issues transfer update as Hoops prepare for ten-in-a-row bid 29/05/2020CELTIC assistant manager John Kennedy has signalled their intention to make new signings once the state of the transfer market becomes apparent.
- Graeme McGarry: Even Gareth McAuley knows title was over, but Celtic will never hear the end of it from Rangers fans 29/05/2020IT wasn’t so much the content of Gareth McAuley’s stooshie-causing interview earlier this week that provided the biggest double-take, but more the fact that he played for Rangers at all. A quick scan of the record books shows that yes, indeed he did. Ten times in fact, between November 2018 and January of last year. […]
- Billy McNeill Lisbon Lions 'Cesar' t-shirt a sell-out after Celtic legends' selfies 29/05/2020A SPECIAL edition t-shirt honouring Billy McNeill and Celtic’s historic European cup win has sold out in hours, raising thousands for a Glasgow dementia charity.
- Hoops-daft star Christopher Jullien says nine-in-a-row won't be Celtic's 'Last Dance' 28/05/2020AFTER his first season with Celtic, Christopher Jullien is officially Hoops daft. And in more ways than one.