I like to think of myself as a positive person. In my private life I like to dream big…why not? To paraphrase Ronny Deila, aim for mediocrity and that’s exactly what you’ll achieve. And so onto the mighty Glasgow Celtic. Last...Read More
Month: June 2015
Just in time for the schools breaking up, the world’s longest running football fans podcast brings you another feast of football chat to get you through the dearth of quality chat in a tournamentless summer (yes I know...Read More
You may be all just about to embark on your summer holidays with the prevailing sports of golf, cricket and tennis on the tv but football never goes away and neither does the worlds’ longest running fan podcast! The last...Read More
It’s a milestone in more ways than one. We have now reached the end of the first season of the Ronny Deila era and it’s also the end of the first 250 podcasts from Celtic Underground. Eddie may be still living in a...Read More
- How is Brendan Rodgers going to give all his Celtic players game time after January recruitment drive? 23/01/2019FROM having too few players to fill their forward positions just a few short weeks ago, Celtic have suddenly gone to the other extreme.
- Celtic's Ryan Christie: "I think Timothy Weah's dad might beat my dad...." 22/01/2019When Brendan Rodgers spoke of Timothy Weah’s shirt being a little heavier than everyone else’s virtue of his famous father, Ryan Christie may well have shared a knowing nod with the American teenager. Well, a nod in his direction at least.
- Vakoun Issouf Bayo reveals goalscoring aims as he completes move to Celtic 22/01/2019CELTIC have completed the signing of striker Vakoun Issouf Bayo for £2m, subject to international clearance.
- Glasgow football fan to stand trial for allegedly punching three police horses at Celtic vs Airdrie game 22/01/2019Three other men also appeared on charges related to the game that saw Celtic win 3-0.
- Former Motherwell and Celtic winger Paul Slane on being taken seriously and putting Amsterdam behind him 22/01/2019WHAT are the first words that come to mind when you hear the name Paul Slane? Amsterdam is bound to be one. There may be a few others not fit for publication around the theme. Joker? Perhaps. Professional? Not likely. But whatever your preconceptions of the former Motherwell and Celtic winger, they would be quashed […]
- Brendan Rodgers believes no operation required for Kieran Tierney - but no timescale on his return 21/01/2019Brendan Rodgers has revealed the extent of Kieran Tierney’s frustration at being sidelined with a problematic pubic injury but has explained that surgery doesn’t appear necessary for the 21-year-old to correct the issue.
- Hunt for a right-back will need Celtic to splash the cash 21/01/2019The search goes on but as the minutes to the end of the transfer window start to tick, so does the pressure.
- John Hartson: I don't see Scott Brown going Down Under - if he stays, Olivier Ntcham might be allowed to go 21/01/2019By the end of the month we should know exactly where Scott Brown will be playing his football next season.