By Lachie Mor The above apocryphal statement which is described in many sources as ‘The Chinese Curse’ could be said to apply to the present circumstances surrounding Celtic Football Club. Of course to those who...Read More
Month: August 2014
This week Harry is joined by St Anthony to discuss the Maribor disaster analysing the many areas where things went wrong and looking for any positives which there may be to take from it – the guys don’t think there...Read More
Over the last few weeks and months social media has been alive with those commenting on the events in Gaza, and to a lesser extent Syria and Iraq. Sitting in our living rooms venting our spleen on twitter...Read More
Regular readers of this site or listeners to the podcast will know my irritation at footballers (most footballers at all clubs) approach to a professional lifestyle both on and off the park. Specifically my irritation comes at...Read More
Many will have seen the list of “duds” going around social media – signings that just didn’t work out. That should be expected. Even the worlds best clubs paying top dollar make the odd signing they wish they hadn’t and that...Read More
- Celtic goalkeeper Scott Bain ready to take over from Craig Gordon if needed 15/07/2018Celtic keeper Scott Bain is ready to take his place in Wednesday night’s UEFA Champions League second-leg qualifier against Alashkert if Craig Gordon fails to recover from injury in time.
- Celtic kid Mikey Johnston will seek Brendan Rodgers' advice before weighing up loan move 15/07/2018Celtic winger Mikey Johnston will have a chat with Brendan Rodgers about his role this season before weighing up the possibility of a loan move.
- Celtic's World Cup star Dedryck Boyata set for fresh contract talks when he returns to Lennoxtown 15/07/2018Celtic are expected to re-open contract talks with Belgian defender Dedryck Boyata when the 27-year-old returns to the club from his World Cup campaign.
- Celtic on song as slick Hoops gear up for Champions League test 15/07/2018The pitch looked slick but those on top of it looked every bit as adept.
- Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers vows that any overweight player won't train with Hoops first-team 14/07/2018THE old authoritarian mode of management has long left the dressing room but the sense of fear has not. This summer, as the Celtic players headed off for respite before a punishing schedule of Champions League qualifiers, the temptation to succumb to the holiday treats would have been eyed with some trepidation.
- Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers hopeful deal for Hibs midfielder John McGinn can be resolved 14/07/2018Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers is confident that a deal will be done for Hibs midfielder John McGinn without the move for the 22-year-old dragging.
- Celtic 4 Standard Liege 1: Brendan Rodgers' side stroll through pre-season friendly 14/07/2018At one point in the second period an unexpected burst of eight sprinklers doused Celtic and Standard Liege in a welcome cooling spray as they played against a backdrop of intense summer sun. But as the Parkhead side negotiated this friendly with ease, everything at the club is focused on ensuring there is no cold […]
- Celtic winger Lewis Morgan ready to seize his chance 13/07/2018If the first day of the latest chapter in Lewis Morgan’s career didn’t provide a sufficient eye-opener, the plush aircraft that carried Celtic to Armenia this week would have done it. Essentially a luxury airborne hotel, the journey with which the Parkhead side began their quest for a third successive season of European football was […]